01 May, 2007

Amazon saves the day!

Once again, the people at Amazon.com have saved me. In the past month alone, I have been able to find the following items through them that I couldn't find elsewhere: "Rockulator", an out of print album by Westworld, "The Allnighter" on DVD, Martha Stewart's "Housekeeping Handbook" for only $17 (list price is about $40), and now... Duncan Hines cake mix! Who knew that you could order groceries from them? I looked at all the online shopping sites (NetGrocer, PeaPod, Vons/Safeway, Jewel-Osco/ Albertson's, Ralph's, AmericaGrocer... even Target) and none of them carry Red Velvet, even if they don't ship to CA. But trusty old Amazon does! And it's shipping direct from Gristead's market in New York City within 3 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look at you, always with the things i like! on my birthday getaway 2 birthdays ago, i saw red RED VELVET CAKE TWINKIES at the gas station! of course, i had to get them. they were made by mrs. freshleys (akin to lil debbie or tastycake)--i'd seen mrs. freshleys at the gas station by muscle beach, but never red velvet until en route to llano. now i'm keeping my eyes peeled for any mixes out here for you. xo!