Well, I guess I've officially made it in blogdom, as I've been "tagged" by Leah, over at More Ways To Waste Time. This means that I have the pleasure of sharing with you 8 random facts about me, and then asking 8 people to do the same. Sort of like a blogger chain letter. So here goes...
1. I talk to my dog all the time, which I think is probably a step up from talking to myself.
2. I don't care which way the toilet paper roll goes! This always shocks me because I'm the sort of person who should care, but it really, truly doesn't matter to me.
3. When I'm feeling down, I love to watch "The Parent Trap." I don't know what it is about that movie, but it always cheers me up. Other top choices for gloomy days include: "Two Weeks Notice," "Sliding Doors," and "Shag." I'm not saying these are my favorite movies (that list is too long to go into here, and filled with significantly "better" films), but they are comforting somehow.
4. My whole life I've gone through food phases, where I will eat the same thing every day for a while and then move on to something else. As a kid, I wanted to eat exactly what Harriet the Spy ate (pickle and tomato sandwiches), and then I had the same turkey sandwich for lunch for years (turkey, Boursin cheese, and apple slices) before moving into my pesto phase which lasted most of high school. Once, we went on a family vacation to Canada, and I ate nothing but Caesar salads and fettucine Alfredo the entire time. In college, I had a Gardenburger on a bagel for lunch almost every day, and pasta with steamed vegetables every night. I Last month I ate the following sandwich every day for lunch, and often also for dinner, if I was eating alone: roasted turkey, Manchego cheese, and my homemade pickles on Grace Baking's whole grain bread. Now I am through with that, but I haven't found anything to move on to yet.
5. One of the best autobiographies I've ever read is "Life As I've Known it Has Been Finger Lickin' Good" by Colonel Sanders.
6. I have six tattoos. I got my first one when I was 18 in London, at a random place in Berwick Street. They did a terrible job and I have spent lots of time explaining that no, it is not a Rorschach ink blot, or a Chinese character (it's a pair of swallows based on a Renee Lalique design). I later read in The Face that they had been operating without a license for over 10 years and had finally been shut down after something like 70% of their clientele had to be treated for infections. Lucky for me, I dodged that bullet and have been much more careful about who I allow to poke my skin since.
7. I love Boggle. It's been a while, but I used to spend hours playing by myself for practice. Sometimes I still make up grids and carry them around with me while I solve them. I am decent at Scrabble, and crosswords and such, but Boggle is my niche, and I am rarely defeated.
8. I still know all the words to every song on Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl".
Now the hard part! I have to tag eight other bloggers. I choose:
Vincent and Molly