18 November, 2008

Craft Services

While in Philadelphia, I stopped by the Philadelphia Museum of Art's annual Craft Show, and there were a number of artists that really impressed me.


I loved Pablo Soto's glass pendant lamps (I wish I'd taken a better picture- he hasn't put them on his website yet!).


These pillows by Brookyln-based Aviva Stanoff remind me of Sun Prints.



I couldn't believe these photographic landscapes by Martha Fieber were embroidered! Aren't they amazing?


Some of the quirky jewelery by Niki Ulehla included delicate necklaces strung with matches.



The show this year also featured a selection of Israeli craftspeople, including Orly Wexler, whose bracelets made of leather and rubber with gold accents are beautiful, Anat Gelbard, whose stunning necklaces and earrings blew me away (her diamond pieces from the Camellion line would be perfect for a wedding), and Talila Abraham, whose "Metalace" serveware is an exquisite take on the current trend in doilies and lace.


2 comments:

freshpinkstyle said...

Oh! I love the forest embroidery and the matches necklace especially. Do you have a flickr account?

deerseason87 said...

No, I don't have a Flickr account... sorry!