24 February, 2008

Collection Box


I have been collecting things for longer than I can remember. Chopstick wrappers, Jello cookbooks, ceramic deer, antique trophies, airplane safety cards, Swiss sugar cubes, printing toys, metal punches, cream pitchers, and on and on... And I've always been attracted to other collections, particularly those of natural specimens displayed in boxes. I have a few such boxes of minerals and seashells, and would like to have more. A few years ago I found the most amazing salesman's sample case of dental molds from the 1920's: a series of black velvet-lined trays filled with rows of white, numbered teeth. The pricetag was too high for me at the time, but I have come to regret not splurging for it. Here are some interesting specimen collections from Ebay.




No comments: