07 May, 2012

Weekends, Etc.!

Whew! Time has flown by! For starters, I had the most amazing astrological reading by the incomparable Jessica Lanyadoo, and at the risk of revealing my inner hippie (what can I say, I grew up in Berkeley), I feel like my energy has completely shifted and I am so much more resolved about a lot of things I was having trouble letting go of. The last couple of weeks have left me feeling lighter and more clear-headed, and it's been wonderful. Ms. Lanyadoo books about 5 months in advance (she's a busy lady!), but it is well worth it if you're looking for a different perspective on your life.

What else? I saw a screening of Charade at the Paramount Theater. Always a favorite, it was so much fun to see on the big screen, and I had forgotten how incredible the title sequence is. Here it is for your enjoyment!



I spent Obscura Day trapsing about Portrero Hill on a puzzle hunt arranged by the Elsewhere Philatelic Society. I went to the latest "issue" of Pop Up Magazine. I went out drinking with an old friend for the first time in ages, saw an awesome screening of Buster Keaton shorts, accompanied with a live soundtrack by Tuneyards. I had a bunch of be-wigged friends over for the RuPaul's Drag Race finale. I went on five hikes and caught up with some good friends I hadn't seen in a while, ate some fantastic meals at Haven, Camino, and Una Pizza Napoletana, and gave my house a good spring cleaning. All in all, a great couple of weeks.









No comments: