28 May, 2012

Weekend!

This weekend was crazy busy, and even though I haven't yet caught up on posting about my recent travels, I wanted to post this first. Saturday we had a bit of a family emergency, which was scary but everyone is okay for now. And it didn't stop me from making the most of the holiday weekend! I went to see the A's play the Yankees, followed by fireworks set to tv theme songs, attended an Outstanding in the Field dinner with a friend at Devil's Gulch Ranch in Nicaso (cooked by Thomas McNaughton, who had his pet pig Kona with him), watched the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th anniversary fireworks show from Cavallo Point, had a spa day, and took a mini road trip to the Sacramento County Fair by way of lunch in San Rafael, cherry picking in Farfield, and backyard cocktails (with fresh-picked grapefruit) in Davis. Not too shabby, all things considered. I only wish I'd gotten pictures of the fireworks over the bridge! Hope you all had a great weekend, too!









No comments: