07 August, 2007

Mood Lighting

On Sunday morning at Alameda Point, I saw a great trio of mid-century hanging lamps that I am kicking myself for not buying. They were white ceramic in a tear-drop shape, with cut out starbursts. Now I can't stop thinking about how out of place my tiny crystal chandelier is in the dining room, and I am on the lookout for a replacement. I saw these fabulous lamps at the Perch booth at ICFF this year, and they make the two yellow ones in turquoise (the one in the center only comes in white), which is a plus, but even though they are SUPER cute, I'm not totally sold on any of them.

I like the idea of one to three ceramic pendants, and on Ebay I found this lamp, but the yellow won't work. Actually, there are lots of really nice lamps on Ebay right now that won't work for me, but if you're looking, just search for "vintage hanging lamp."

This is not ceramic, but I kind of like this lamp from CB2.

And of course I have to covet this glass one from Jonathan Adler.

Probably the biggest obstacle here is my low ceilings. As much as I would love to have something really big and bold, I think I'm going to have to stay fairly small. Guess we'll just have to keep looking...

No comments: