10 August, 2007

Birds of a Feather

Last night Eric and I finally put up the bird's egg lithographs I had bought to display with my nest collection. I found some cheap Target frames for them, and I think they look nice. Only now I think my nests (most of which were collected by my dad while I was growing up) look a little sparse... I will have to keep an eye out for more!

I am also considering spreading them out into their own jars. Right now they are grouped by size, with between two and three nests per jar. Maybe if I fill each jar about 1/3 of the way up with pebbles and set a nest on top, I can make the collection look a little bigger...

I have to say that I feel a little guilty about purchasing prints that were torn from books, but they are so beautiful, and I am secretly hoping that the book they came from was damaged enough that the plates were just falling out anyways.

No comments: