21 November, 2011

Weekends, Etc./ From Afield: West Oakland

The last couple of weeks have been busy! I attended Pop Up Magazine, which was one of the most interesting and fun events I've been to in a long time. No pictures were allowed (or recordings- you had to be there), but suffice it to say that it was a really magical evening and I can't wait for the next one!! In addition, I went to a burlesque show, attended a fundrasier at the abandoned 16th Street train station, and wandered around West Oakland taking photos. I went to a wonderful pop-up dinner hosted by Hapa Ramen and Almanac Beer at Bar Tartine, got to see Joan Didion- one of my favorite living writers- interviewed by Vendela Vida at City Arts & Lectures (she was so charming- I loved the bit she read from this Vogue piece), had some fantastic meals at Zuni, Camino, Boulette's Larder, upstairs at Chez Panisse, Wayfare Tavern, Ippuku, and at a Dux pop-up at Summit, and savored Chris Lee's amazing boudin blanc at the Beaujolais Nouveau celebration at Kermit Lynch.  Maybe most exciting, I finally got a juicer!  Having a fresh glass of juice every morning makes me feel great.  Photos:


donuts from cibo per strada

No comments: