I think I did a good job with last year's resolutions (well, at least the ones that matter most- I didn't lose any weight, or keep my house any tidier, but I did take a cheesemaking class, travel a lot, read more, spend lots of time with friends and family, cook for myself a lot more, see more art and shows, and say yes to practically everything I could), so I think I'm going to renew most of them for 2011. In general, all of them seem to have made me feel better about myself, and enjoy life more, and that's about all I can ask for. So, without further ado:
1. Travel. This year I want to go to Rome with Erik, Austin with Jessica, take a road trip to Miami with Jane, visit Piper in Chicago, Shawn in Seattle, and Myles and Laurel in LA, spend a "just-for-fun" weekend in New York (I haven't been for non-work purposes in years), and go someplace tropical in the winter.
2. Read. I did manage to read one book per month this year, although not literally (I read 12 books, but not one each month), and that seems like an extremely reasonable goal.
3. Go to more shows and see more art. I saw lots of shows this year and it was great! Art requires more effort, because I can always count on seeing friends at music events, and it's harder to convince people to go to galleries, particularly on Friday nights.
4. Keep my house tidy. Why is this SO HARD for me?? It's ridiculous.
5. Take a class. Maybe this is a cheat because Erik already has signed me up for a knife skills class as my birthday present...
6. Spend lots of time with friends and family. Best use of time ever!
7. Have more adventures. Not hard, but I have a really long list...
8. Lose more weight. I am going to go easy on myself this year and not set a specific goal weight. Even 5 pounds would be a accomplishment, and I don't want to feel badly if nothing dramatic happens.
9. Cook for myself. Again, this is always a challenge, but I think I am getting better at making simple things just for me.
10. Expand my business. If I could increase my income by 50% I would be sooooo happy!