27 December, 2010

Weekends (Catch Up)

In addition to exotic vacations and craft shows I have had a lot on the books the past couple of weeks. In no particular order, I :


Attended the Slow Food SF annual Crab Feed with Erik, where I consumed more crab than I had previously thought possible.

Watched a documentary about Playland at the Beach (San Francisco's answer to Coney Island from the 1920's-1970's) at the SF Public Library with my friend Suzy, followed by cocktails at Smuggler's Cove and amazing burgers at the Double Decker.

Went to two shows at the Stork Club after not having been there in at least 5 years (the Barbies are gone!): Grass Widow playing a benefit for a friend of a friend's friend, and the Wrong Words with the Touch Me Nots.

Saw the Golden Girls Christmas Drag Show with Jessica (our annual tradition), which included guest star Jane Weidlan of the Go Go's this year!

Attended my friend Jenn's holiday potluck, which, although I was only able to stay an hour, was extremely fun.


Ate a memorable pre-birthday dinner at Camino, where they had printed up special menus just for me!

Had an wonderful 30th birthday, including brunch with my parents at Brown Sugar Kitchen, dinner with Lexi at Little Star, and more alcohol than I have probably ever consumed with my friends at the Hotsy Totsy Club. Thank you to everyone who bought me drinks, and an extra big thanks to those who made sure I didn't die from alcohol poisoning!

Celebrated Christmas with my high school friends, as per tradition, with a new generation joining us for the first time!


Played games at my friend Myles' super fun event, TwistMess (if you live in the LA area, you should seriously hire his company, Wise Guys Events, to put on a game for you or your business). So much fun!!

I think that catches us up until the New Year...

No comments: