21 June, 2010

Le Logis de Puygaty


One of my favorite parts of our trip was our much too brief stay at Le Logis de Puygaty, a gorgeous 15th Century manor house in the countryside of Charente. I can't describe how wonderful our hosts were, or what an amazing job they did restoring this historical property, which I am sure my photos hardly portray. Surrounded by fields of peas, corn, wheat, sunflowers and Cognac grapes, Le Logis de Puygaty is like something out of a fairytale. We absolutely adored it and can't wait to go back. If you find yourself travelling to the Poitou-Charente region, I definitely recommend a stop here. These pictures are of the estate and the countryside surrounding it.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look amazing! You may have just swayed me towards a Spanish holiday:)

Jessica Appelgren said...

Seriously breathtaking!