13 April, 2010

Notes from the Rose Bowl


I wasn't able to go to Alameda Point this month due to rain, but I had the chance to make up for my lack of antiquing when I visited Los Angeles this weekend. My friend Laurel and I took a trip up to the Rose Bowl Flea Market and here are some things that caught my eye. By comparison, the Rose Bowl contains more clothing and more mid-century furniture than Alameda Point, but it also had more "flea market junk" (ie, ethnic beads and cheap sunglasses, etc.)- perhaps they don't enforce an "everything must be 20 years or older" rule like Alameda Point does. That said, I kept wishing I could somehow fold up a couple of credenzas and floor lamps into my carry-on bag, and we barely even scratched the surface of the clothing section. I would definitely go back the next time I need either furniture or clothes, but for homewares and decorative objects (and knick-knacks), I still think Alameda Point is the best!











2 comments:

kip keston said...

I love the billiard balls

jessmoe said...

man I want that Lion...