06 February, 2012

Weekend!/ Notes From the Point: February, 2012


This weekend was a great end to another busy week. Friday night I went to see Maira Kalman and Daniel Handler speak at City Arts & Lectures, and they were as charming as always. They signed my copy of Why We Broke Up with a delightfully snarky message about my recent breakup, but I was sad to have lost out in the competition to win a piece of Maira's collection of onion rings (awarded to the most romantic attendees, based on a quiz).

Saturday I co-hosted a crab dinner with two other friends, and Sunday was the Alameda Point antiques fair, where I scored on a nightstand, an amazing German educational chart (pictures forthcoming), and a couple of other miscellaneous items. Here's what I didn't buy.


don't these guys look dapper?












No comments: