22 August, 2011

Weekends, Etc.


Well, I have once again been too busy living to remember to blog about it, so we have a lot of catching up to do.

In the last three weeks I've been to two screenings at the gorgeous, historic Paramount Theater in Oakland (Jaws and Back to the Future), had more of my friend Hannah's incredible doughnuts (with banana custard this time!) at Broadway Bites, had some awesome meals at Plum, Millenium, Cotogna, Camino, Lulu, Saravanaa, Bar Agricole, and Cafe Jacqueline, took a hike with my friend Kelsey and our dogs, went to the Yolo County Fair (best pupusas ever!), drank fancy cocktails at Comstock, the Hotsy Totsy Club, and Wilson & Wilson Detective Agency and wine at Yield, got sunburnt on the beach, went to two ballgames, helped my friend Jenn hand-color her wedding invitations, spent a night watching YouTube videos with girlfriends, attended a rooftop bacon party, saw my friends the Wrong Words play, went on an art deco walking tour of downtown Oakland, did another juice cleanse, sold antiques at Alameda Point, drove to Los Angeles for a weekend of Malibu beaches, fancy parties in the Hollywood Hills, watching my friend Myles' improv show, eating at Gjelina and the Larder, and most importantly, MOTORHOME DEMO DERBY at the Orange County Fair. Whew! Without furhter ado, I present the evidence:




yes, that is a chocolate covered corndog



prosciutto, burrata and grilled nectarines at gjelina in venice


malibu


wild plums kelsey and i foraged in the oakland hills





cibo per strada banana doughnuts


fraises de bois in my garden


photo op at the yolo county fair













assorted street food


elvis-themed fireworks at this weekend's oakland athletics' pyrospectacular

No comments: