14 June, 2012

Weekends, Etc.!


I was just in Portland helping my good friend Jane with a job, and I realized that there are a million things I haven't blogged about yet! A couple of weeks ago, Jane and our friend Anjel curated an amazing show called Roses Are Red at Rise Above Gallery in Oakland, and I helped design the t-shirts to promote it. Specifically, I drew the nettles, and Anjel did the lettering.

I went to see Richard Misrach and Roz Chast at City Arts & Lectures (separately)- in particular, Misrach's work is so consistently amazing, and it was great to hear him speak about it. I went strawberry picking on the coast and had lobster rolls twice in one week. I went to the Monster Drawing Rally at the Verdi Club and went bar hopping for the first time in ages, and had an incredible dinner at Central Kitchen. I went for a walk around the Lafayette Reservoir and had a suburban day with my friend Via. I saw a boat trailer race/demolition derby at the Contra Costa County Fair. And then I flew to Portland- that will be a separate post.


my friend hannah is opening a doughnut shop!


beautiful paper cut by anjel


detail of jane's hand-painted rose wallpaper


our friend christine made the plant installations in the window




snowballs and sweet peas at katie's snowball truck








fair fare










amazing signage in the fruitvale district


marina at the monster drawing ralley




lobster roll #1, at sam's in half moon bay




3oz strawberry!

No comments: